Greenback Expat Tax Services specializes in the preparation of US expat taxes for Americans living abroad.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- Our CPAs: Each of our accountants brings with him or her a wealth of proven professional experience to the team. We know that what our customers value most is having a best-in-class accountant in charge of their US expat taxes, and we rise above the competition in that regard, hands down.
- Our experience: We work with clients from all over the globe, so we have deep experience in providing US expat tax services to clients in many countries. Currently, we have clients in 88 countries, and growing!
- We’re easy to work with: We are able to make the process of dealing with us and filing taxes fast and easy by providing our customers with an online system for sharing documents, don’t make our customers do all the financial calculations (many firms do!) and trying to explain taxes in simple terms wherever humanly possible.
- Our data security standards: In sharing documents, we use the highest level of security available (128-bit encryption, which is what most banks use) to ensure that all documents remain confidential and secure.
- Our flat fees: We make it easy for you to choose to work with us, as we don’t expect you to take on all the risk and confusion of a convoluted pricing structure. What you see is what you get: flat fees!
But don’t take our word for it; read through the various testimonials from customers who have taken the time to let us know how we have helped them. It’s this level of quality expat tax services that we bring to each customer that causes them to come back to use each year.
WHAT WE DO:
Greenback offers straightforward pricing, a simple, hassle-free process, and CPAs and EAs who have extensive experience in the field of expat tax preparation. We are a team of CPAs and Enrolled Agents who are experts in expat tax services for US citizens living abroad.
We have years of experience completing US tax returns for Americans living abroad and have seen everything there is to see! As opposed to the average CPA, for whom expat returns only account for 2% of his or her business, we focus 100% on expat returns.
Put your return in the hands of experience — we promise you won’t be disappointed.
We know each person’s circumstances are unique, and we take the time to understand them. We believe in fair, transparent pricing. We don’t have any bait-and-hook pricing, i.e. quote one top-line fee and then charge another at the end of the process. We aim to make the process as easy as possible for you. For many of our customers, expat taxes previously had been a bit of a nightmare. We like to think we make it all a little less painful!
We look to maximize your tax credit and refund opportunities, but we don’t put you at risk with the IRS to do so. We won’t take on business if the customer asks us to do something we aren’t comfortable with. Period.
HOW WE GOT STARTED?
American expats and Greenback co-founders Carrie and David McKeegan found their expat tax needs overwhelming and expensive while living in the UK as professionals. While they both loved being American and living abroad, they were fed up with the process of filing US expat taxes.
So, Carrie and David decided to build a service that could meet the needs of US expats — a tax preparation company whose accountants were at the forefront of expertise in US expat taxes, that was simple and easy to use, and treated customers fairly and with respect. And thus, in 2008, Greenback Expat Tax Services was born.